Aug 21, 2011

Thalirilakal.

Confused? Sure you might be –other than Keralite, because thalirila is a Malayalam word for tender leaves. I use Thalirila here deliberately, because no other words can give the same sweetness and feelings of old memories which still in corner my heart. Whenever I see such tender leaves with crystal ball like water drops on it, I feel nostalgic. 

100_0047

In my child hood, my father brought two Ashoka sapling from somewhere and planted in front of our home and it was there and grown about eight feet and blossoming throughout the year with red flowers. I remember its long, soft, pink tender leaves. I used to touch and feel its moist softness during morning hours, a cold soft touch feeling and drops of water on it, a kind of feeling; I am not able to explain –what kind of feeling that was! The lost days won’t come back, but the feeling inside my heart tends to go back to that good old days.

100_0043

2 comments:

Surya Kasturi said...

very nice.. your first photos with very light pink color, excellent.

Admin said...

Mani, first, thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving your precious words in comments.

I also loved to see the nature photos you captured and shared here particularly these attracted me the most and reminded me the following quote:

Walt Whitman:
"I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars."

Best Wishes

Rudraksha beads of Shiva temple J P Nagar, Bangalore.

I have got an opportunity to get dharshan of  the holy deity of  JP Nagar Shiva Temple, Lord Shiva- the lord of Moksha.